Sunday, December 31, 2017

Reading in December...

December is such a busy month that I feel I get less reading done, even though I do have a few relaxing days before the end of the year.  Here is what I read this month. 


A Christmas Message
by Anne Perry
This book was only OK for me.  I normally enjoy Anne Perry's Christmas novellas but this one was a little far fetched for me. 



Fever 1793
by Lauris Halse Anderson
I don't normally read a lot of young adult books but I really enjoyed this book.  This book is based on the yellow fever epidemic that took place in Philadelphia in 1793.  This is not an event that I am very familiar with so I really enjoyed this book. 



Winter Solstice
by Rosamunde Pilcher
I really enjoyed this book, I'm a little sad I let it stay on my to-read list for so long.   The book has heartbreaking moments but also has hope, it was a very moving read. 



Origin
by Dan Brown
I always enjoy reading this series.  This was not my favorite Robert Langdon book but I did enjoy it.  This book also takes place in Spain which is an area I am currently interested in so that added to the enjoyment for me. 



Murder Under Christmas Tree
by Cecily Gayford 
This book is a compilation of short stories that are Christmas themed mysteries.  The authors include Ian Rankin, Arthur Conan Doyle, Dorothy L. Sayers and G. K. Chesterton, among others.  I enjoyed this book because it was easy to pick up and read the short story without getting sucked into a long story-perfect for the busy Christmas season. 



The Cozy-Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge
by Pia Edberg
I had had this book for awhile now but it kept getting shuffled around and I hadn't picked it up yet.  If you enjoy learning more about the concept of hygge then you may enjoy this book.  It is a short, easy read,  I enjoyed it but don't think I learned any thing new about hygge. 



'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...