Thursday, May 28, 2015

birthdays.....another decade almost gone....


I had another birthday. It seems to happen just about every year, as soon as I begin to adjust to my new age and just about the time I no longer have to stop and do the math to calculate my age, then...it changes.  

This year my sister and mom came up for the afternoon and brought lunch.  It was nice to have company on my birthday and to have someone else fix me food!  Then we went out to dinner that night, a day off from kitchen duty??  Yes, please!

It is hard to believe that this is my last year of my 30's.  And while I'm not dreading turning 40 I'm not nearly as excited about it as my husband is.  He is looking forward to me being out of my 30's so that we will only be one decade apart, not two!  It was a little weird thinking back to my birthday last year.  I don't even really remember it, I think we went out to eat at the Public House and I remember that I took the kids out for ice cream.  Other than that I don't remember much about that day.  What I do remember is that I had no idea that my next birthday would be spent in a different house, different town, new massive project starting.....if you had told me I wouldn't have believed it!   I hope that I can guess what my birthday will be like...living in our new house,  still under construction, wanting to be finished with the project, wondering how my kids have gotten so much bigger, thinking that "I can't be 40!", if that is my life next year then I will be blessed.  

cousins!
cousins, hard to believe they are two years apart!


I can't believe how much alike their hair is!


One day Wythe said to me, "I know you have always wanted to live in a bookstore, so I made our house a bookstore for you!  Go outside and look at the window!"

So I did, and this is what I saw.
now I get to live in a "bookstore"


I love that he did that and I love that he understands how much I love books!


'til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...