Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Reading...The Wall

I love old books and collect many books that were written in the early 1900's. One of my favorite authors from this time period is Mary Roberts Rinehart.  She wrote from the early 1900's till the early 1950's. Most of her books are mysteries and are written from the perspective of an individual involved in the affair.

Recently I discovered that there are books of hers that I have not read yet. I was very excited to find two books online that were previously unknown to me. I ordered them (of course) and have read both of them in the past couple weeks. They are "The Wall" and "The Swimming Pool". I enjoyed them both since I am a fan of her work however they aren't as good as some of the books she wrote earlier in her career. In my opinion the books she wrote towards the end of her life tend to leave some loose ends, something she didn't do in the earlier years. But I was still glad to come across them and add them to my collection.

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...