Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Addition update -

I am pretty sure I don't want to be a plumber when I grow up.

This past week my husband has been trying to finish the plumbing in the new bathroom and he has made great progress!

We ended up having a plumber come over for about an hour to finish sweating a couple pipes. Peter was having trouble with those particular ones and finally decided to call in the pros but other than that he has done all of the work himself.

I nearly had a nervous breakdown over where to put the faucet for the tub. There were way too many options and not having the tub installed made it difficult to visualize where the faucet and handles should go. At one point I started losing all interest and wanted to just close my eyes and point to a spot, but I knew if I didn't get it right I would be cursing at myself every time I take a bath. So, I finally made a decision, won't know if it is the best decision till I get to use the tub but I have a good feeling about it. The other part about installing this faucet is the fact that the faucets for this bathroom cost about the same as having a child, kind of makes you feel like you should get it right.

Peter has to hook up the tub drain and then the plumbing will be roughed in. We are hoping to have that done this weekend and then get our plumbing inspection next week. The plumbing is the only thing that has not been signed off on by the county. Once the plumbing is approved then we will only have our final inspection left.

Moving forward, slowly but surely!

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...