Monday, April 11, 2011

Missing....items off of counter...

Recently I have noticed that more and more items are missing from the counter tops and table.  The culprit....a 2-3/4 year old boy.  I have been working with him to teach him that most things on the counter top are not for him and yet it would appear that this lesson has not sunk in yet.

Today I had "The Case of the Missing Cream Cheese", kind of made me think of Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys!   I had a set out a package of cream cheese to soften in preparation for cooking. When I went to use it I couldn't find it. First, I looked on all the counters and the table, looking under everything that was sitting out. Then I thought that maybe I had put it back into the refrigerator....nope, not there.  I then thought perhaps I put it in the cabinet in a fit of mommy brain so I proceeded to go through all the cabinets, food cabinets, the pan cabinet, the storage cabinet, dishes cabinet, drawers......nothing. By this time it has occurred to me that little fingers may have swiped the package but where could it be??   My son has not reached the point where he can tell you where something is. If you ask him "Where are your shoes?" or "where did you put your train?"   he will typically just repeat what you said....very frustrating...but that is another topic.   So, I knew asking him wasn't really going to get me anywhere, especially considering that he doesn't even know what cream cheese is, describing the package wasn't getting me anywhere!  So I started on a house hunt. First I did a cursory look around the floors and under furniture...nothing.  Then I emptied the toy box...nothing. Searched the kids room....nope.  Looked through the laundry room....nothing.   Looked out in the addition....nope. Looked in the bathroom....nada.  Looked through the trash cans, including the trash bag I had already taken out.....no cream cheese  The last place to look was my bedroom but I doubted it was there since he hadn't been in there. On my way into the room I notice that someone was been into the DVD cabinet....yep....DVD's and a package of cream cheese.  I don't know why I didn't think to look there first.

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...