Monday, March 21, 2011

Reading...Martha Grimes

"The Black Cat"

This is the latest in the Richard Jury series. I love this series, the characters are so entertaining, Melrose Plant is by far my favorite!  Martha Grimes does a great job of combining the mystery and horror of murder with the amusing events and characters of everyday life. You feel as though you get to know the characters in the books and would like to spend an afternoon in the pub with them!

I have noticed that the last couple of books seem more like a series than the previous books. The earlier books in the Richard Jury series were chronological but you didn't have to read them in order, that seems to have changed now but I still love the series and look forward to many more!

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...