Thursday, October 21, 2010

One year later...

My darling little girl,


Today you are one year old! This year has flown by so fast, it seems like we were just at the hospital and here you are trying to walk!

We were so excited when we found out that you were a girl, we felt like our little family was complete having a boy and a girl. I was so excited at the thought of buying little girl clothes but I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it. Before you were born I thought that you could use a lot of your brothers neutral clothes, and then you were born, and I dressed you in pink and you have worn pink almost every day since!

Before you were born I was so nervous about having two babies in the house. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to love you as much as I loved your brother. But the moment you were born my heart just doubled in size and I learned that there is no such thing as not having enough love for your children, your heart just grows so that you can love each with all your heart.

It has been fun watching you grow this first year, seeing your personality emerge, seeing the many differences between you and your brother. Although being bigger than your brother you were easier to bring into this world, and you slept more than your brother. I think maybe you tried to give mommy a break knowing that she had her hands full with the two of you!

I have worried at times that you aren't getting enough attention, felt bad that you haven't had much undivided attention from me. But you seem to be thriving just fine! I also worried that you wouldn't survive your brother, he was so rough on you at first! But you survived and seem to have no lasting effects! Now that you can get around you all have so much fun together, it is so cute to see you playing together!

You have brought so much joy to my life, you are my precious little daughter and you little grin just melts my heart. Every morning when I get you out of your crib and you greet me with "mama" and that big smile....priceless.

You are my adorable daughter, my sweet pea, my little munchkin. I cannot imagine life without you.

I will love you forever birthday girl!


~Mommy


two days old
 
One year old

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...