Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A not so "kid friendly" store...

So today I was in town and had the brilliant idea of running into the ABC store to get some goodies. For those of you not in Virgina, an ABC store is not a kids toy shop or a shop that sells educational materials, despite the cute name it is the only place in the Commonwealth that you can buy liquor. Back to my brilliant idea....and yes, I had a 7 month old and a 22 month old with me, so with Ainsley strapped to the front of me and Wythe on my hip we entered a store that has nothing but thousands of expensive glass bottles stacked precariously in rows no more that 3 feet apart! I'm not sure who was more nervous, myself or the store clerk!!  I said lots of "Wythe, please keep your hands on mommy's shoulders" and "no touch, no touch" and we survived! The clerk carried my bag to the car for me and I'm sure went straight in and wiped the sweat from him brow. I loaded the kids in the car and wished I could whip up a martini right then and there. Later, when I recounted the experience to my hubby he mentioned that he doesn't think kids are even allowed in the store! If there was a sign to that effect I didn't see it, though it would make perfect sense!

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...