Monday, May 10, 2010

My slow internet connection has calmed me down...

I logged on tonight thinking I was going to write about the insanity that we call the stock market. The "mistake" last Thursday that caused the wild roller coaster ride of the past few days had me ready to jump up on my soapbox. But for some reason my Internet connection is slow tonight and while I was waiting for the page to load I started thinking about my "to-do" list and suddenly I lost steam for my intended rant. So instead I will bore you with some mundane details of my day...lucky you!

Today I took the kids to Harris Teeter to get a few of the specials. My little munchkins were behaving well but I always find it challenging to grocery shop with the two of them. Somehow between taking care of their needs/wants (otherwise known as "doing everything to keep them from screaming") looking at my shopping list, sorting through coupons, monitoring the floor to ensure we are not leaving a trail, etc, etc...anyway...even on the best of days it is not relaxing. So this morning I am pushing the shopping cart, my list in one hand, coupon box tucked under the arm, Ainsley's bottle tucked under the other arm, trying to keep Wythe from unloading the cart, when I see a woman heading towards me with a train of kids....7 to be precise!  And the 8th is due soon!  Wow....all of the sudden I looked at my two kiddos and realized how easy I have it!  Kudos to the mom of 8, I can't imagine being so brave as to bring them all to the store!

This evening I came in from planting a few plants and realized that I still hadn't unloaded the dishwasher. For some reason that I can't quite figure out, I find myself putting off unloading the dishwasher because "I don't have time". The strange thing is it really doesn't take anytime at all!  It actually only takes about 4 minutes to unload, and put away, the dishes! Of course, that is when the kids are out of the way, if they were up and about you can probably triple that time! So I guess I will make myself a little sign that says "it only takes 4 minutes...GET BUSY"...no more excuses! 

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...