Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another year older...

Today I am another year older and I have to admit I'm not sure I'm happy about that! I'm kind of happy with the early-to-mid 30's range and would like to pause right here, for at least several years.

It actually seemed like just another day until this evening right around the time of my birth. Peter and I were sitting on the couch looking at all my Facebook birthday wishes when Peter asked who one of my friends was. Now this friend uses a pseudonym on Facebook and as soon as he asked me who this was my mind went blank. I could remember that we worked together, where her desk was, what she did, what her son's name was, what her boyfriends name was, where she used to live, where she lives now, I reminded him of when he was looking for us at Shannon's party and we were hiding behind the drink machine with a 2 liter of Coke and a bottle of vodka....but I still couldn't remember her name. Then the fear struck....if I have lost that much memory just by turning another year older what is to become of me???   Fortunately, I remembered her name a little bit later and felt so relieved! So glad I'm not losing my mind (yet) and that I haven't forgotten my friends name!  Here's to you Sammy-Jo!

We didn't really celebrate my birthday today because Peter had to work late but tomorrow we are going out to dinner.

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...