Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We are getting soggy...

It feels like it has been raining for weeks but in reality it is probably a week or less. After those really hot days in April I was looking forward to some cool weather and I still am enjoying the fact that it is 65 inside my house rather than 85! But…it would be nice to see the sun again. My baby boy really enjoys being outside and I think we are both getting cabin fever.

I still haven’t finished my vegetable garden, I’m running a little behind schedule. I normally don’t put it in until the end of April/beginning of May because I have found that it really doesn’t pay to put it in earlier than that. However, I am now running late. Part of the problem is that I am trying to put new dirt in the garden area and so this year I have a lot more prep work than normal. Then if you add in the ‘having a 10 month old’ factor and the ‘being pregnant’ factor well, that just slows it down more. I am finding that this pregnancy I am struggling more with exhaustion and as a result am finding it more difficult to get anything done. The other day I decided to work in the garden while the baby was asleep, after about 15 minutes I was ready for a nap myself…that may be why my garden isn’t ready yet… But I’m not stressing over it too much, I’ve decided that this year I focus on taking care of my baby boy and taking care of my unborn baby and anything else I get accomplished is a bonus. There have been nights that dinner didn’t make it to the table and days when laundry was done out of sheer necessity, but I’m trying to not let that bother me! I used to have a screen saver on my computer that said “so be it”, maybe I should adopt that motto again!

Since it is still raining I’m trying to focus on some indoor activites, today I’m doing some of the normal household stuff, cleaning, laundry, etc. But I also started a batch of homemade yogurt and a sourdough bread starter. I love making my own yogurt, my baby loves it too so we eat a lot of it. I normally just make it in a pan and let it set up in the pan. This time I’m using a yogurt maker, I’m curious to see if it is any better, I’ll know in about 9 hours!

‘til next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...